All freshman applicants will be asked to submit a two-minute personal video. Connecting via video within the application process has provided unique ways for young men to tell their stories. A number of our partner Jesuit high schools, as well as many leading colleges and universities, are effectively using this creative addition to the application process.
- Create a personal admissions video using a smartphone, tablet or computer. Video file formats that work are typically .mov or .mp4.
- The time limit is no more than two minutes maximum.
- Be authentic and genuine — we are not looking for something that is "produced." The Admissions committee will not be looking at the production value of the editing such as lighting, setting, or editing.
- Tell us about yourself using these guidelines:
- Introduce yourself (name, school, etc.)
- Answer this question — TBD!
- The link to upload the Personal Admissions video will be available in myBrophy on your application checklist.
- You will upload the video file directly to myBrophy by clicking on the UPLOAD button. Please be patient — it can take up to several minutes for a large video file to upload to the portal. Make sure you click "save" after it uploads.
- Your video will not be posted or shared. It will be only be viewed by the Admissions Committee.
- The video must be uploaded no later than Jan. 28.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Admissions Office. We are excited to "meet" you through video. Lights, camera, action!