All freshman applicants will be asked to submit a two-minute personal video. Connecting via video within the application process has provided unique ways for young men to tell their stories. A number of our partner Jesuit high schools, as well as many leading colleges and universities, are effectively using this creative addition to the application process.
- Create a personal admissions video using a smartphone, tablet or computer. Video file formats that work are typically .mov or .mp4.
- The time limit is no more than two minutes maximum.
- Be authentic and genuine — and have fun! We want the video to reflect who you are and what you love to do. There are no right or wrong answers.
- Videos will not be evaluated for production quality; however, make certain that you are visible and audible during your video. Check the lighting and listen to your video after you have recorded it to ensure you are happy with the final product before submitting it.
- We recommend that you dress casually as you would for a school day or school event.
- Tell us about yourself using these guidelines:
- Your video should begin with "Hi, my name is (insert name) from (middle school)." After that, answer the next two questions, choosing what to say and how to say it!
- What attributes and experiences have you had that will make you a successful Brophy Bronco?
- How would your teachers describe you as a student and individual in their classroom and on campus?
- You will upload the video file directly to the checklist in myBrophy by clicking on the UPLOAD button. Please be patient — it can take up to several minutes for a large video file to upload to the portal. Make sure you click "save" after it uploads. If the video is larger than 100MB, you will need to share it with us through Google Drive, iCloud, Dropbox or another file-sharing program.
- Your video will not be shared publicly. It will only be viewed by the Admissions Committee.
- The video must be uploaded no later than Jan. 19, 2024.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Admissions Office. We are excited to "meet" you through video. Lights, camera, action!