Due to the pandemic, we have modified our personal interview requirement. Instead of an in-person interview, applicants will be asked to submit a two-minute personal video.
We look forward to this new way of becoming better acquainted with our applicants. Connecting via video within the application process has the potential to offer unique ways for young men to tell their stories. A number of our partner Jesuit high schools, as well as many leading colleges and universities, are effectively using this creative alternative to a personal interview.
Transfer applicants typically interview in April and May. We will provide more information on the interview process for those students in early spring.
- Create a personal admissions video using a smartphone, tablet or computer.
- The time limit is no more than two minutes maximum.
- Be authentic and genuine — we are not looking for something that is "produced." The Admissions committee will not be looking at the production value of the editing such as lighting, setting, or editing.
- Tell us about yourself using these guidelines:
- Introduce yourself (name, school, etc.)
- Answer this question — Your time at Brophy is a journey of self-discovery. Brophy will offer you so many unique opportunities, inside and outside of the classroom — in return, we hope you move out of your comfort zone and explore the possibilities. What might spark your interest or feed your passion on our campus? How do you see yourself stepping up to find and fulfill your God-given gifts?
- The link to upload the Personal Admissions video will be available in myBrophy on your son's checklist starting Monday, Dec. 14.
- You will upload the video file directly to myBrophy by clicking on the UPLOAD button. Please be patient — it can take up to 30 seconds or more for a large video file to upload to the portal. Make sure you click "save" after it uploads.
- Your video will not be posted or shared. It will be only be viewed by the Admissions committee.
- The video can be uploaded as early as Dec. 14 and no later than Jan. 29.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Admissions Office. We are excited to "meet" you in this new way. Lights, camera, action!