Brophy hosts many visits from college and university admission representatives each year, primarily in the fall. For visits during the school day, seniors may choose to attend up to five of these presentations, and juniors may choose up to three. If you wish to attend a college presentation, please note the instructions below.
- Log on to Naviance. A list of colleges and universities, along with the date and time of each presentation, will be listed.
- On the left side of the 'Student Folder' page is a list of options.
- Click on 'Visitation Schedule' for a list of the schools planning to visit our campus, along with dates and times. Click “sign up” next to the school of your choice; you will then receive a confirmation email.
- The student must show his teacher the email confirmation at least two school days prior to the visit in order to receive clearance, and then again the day of the visit in order to be released from class. The teacher may or may not give you permission to attend depending on what is taking place during class that day.
- On the day of the visit, the student should go to the counseling department and sign in, and go to the Dean's Office immediately after the presentation to get a pass to return to class. The counseling department will share the sign-in list with the Dean's Office.
The counseling department will maintain a record of student attendance at these college visits for accounting purposes.