Mothers' Guild eNews - January 13, 2017
Mark Your Calendar
- January 20 - Nomination Forms Due
- February 4 - Mother-Son Communion Breakfast; registration, photos begin at 7:30 a.m.
- February 7 - Chapel Care, Brophy Chapel, 8:00 a.m.
- February 7 - Brophy Moms’ Golf, TBD
- February 9 - Hiking Club, Piestewa Peak Summit Trail, 9:15 a.m.
- February 9 - Book Club, Biltmore Lobby, 7:30 p.m.
- February 16 - Mothers’ Guild Meeting, Harper Great Hall, 11:30 a.m.
- February 27 - Growing In Ignatian Spirituality, Brophy Chapel, 6:30 p.m.
- March 18 - Brophy Auction “A Night in Nantucket”
- April 2 - Mother-Son Beach Bash, Harper Great Hall
- May 20 - Project Graduation, location TBD
Nomination Process Now Open:
Brophy Mothers’ Guild 2017-2018 Board and Committee Co-Chairs
Calling all moms! This is your opportunity to get involved in the Mothers’ Guild. Each year we ask mothers to either self-nominate or nominate someone to serve on the Mothers' Guild Executive Board or as an event Co-Chairperson. Please consider taking on a leadership role in the Mothers' Guild. It’s a fun way to meet fellow moms and to serve our community. The nomination form can be found here
. The link includes descriptions of all roles. There may be multiple nominations for any position, therefore there are no selection guarantees. Please don’t delay … all nominations and self-nominations will be accepted through January 20, 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact Maryann Iannitti at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mother-Son Communion Breakfast – “A Mother’s Love Is Universal”
Saturday, February 4
Save the date! The Mother-Son Communion Breakfast will be Saturday, February 4. This is a great event for connecting with your son, and we know how precious that time is. Registration for the Mother-Son Communion Breakfast is now open. Space is limited, so register soon. To register, please click the link: https://secure.brophyprep.org/payment/dev/communionBreakfast/
Check-in and pictures begin at 7:30 a.m. We are asking that you send a picture of you and your son to Suzie Barber (Suzie.email@example.com
). Please write Mother-Son Communion Breakfast, followed by your names, in the subject line. If your family needs aid for this event and you receive 50% or more of financial aid for tuition, please email Ellen McCoy at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Contact Caroline Sullivan at Princess64@mac.com
or Laura Barnes at email@example.com
if you have questions about the event.
During the breakfast, Brophy President, Ms. Adria Renke, will present the inaugural Inés Pascual Award for Generous Service to Mrs. William Henry Brophy (posthumously.) Her granddaughter, Ms. Kate Brophy, will accept the award. This will be an ongoing award given each year at the Mother-Son Communion Breakfast. The award is named in honor of Inés Pascual, a Spanish noblewoman who played a significant role in the life of St. Ignatius. Inés Pascual first met Ignatius when, injured from battle, he was trying to get from Montserrat to Manresa. She provided him with food, shelter, and medical care. Later, she became known as a businesswoman and supporter who often accompanied Ignatius on his “begging tours” as he prepared for his studies in Paris. Inés was the first person to receive one of the many letters Ignatius wrote to his companions, and it is thought that she is the only woman whom he called “mother.” We look forward to this new tradition of recognizing a woman in the Brophy community during our Mother-Son Communion Breakfast each year.
Tuesday, February 7
Chapel Care meets on the first Tuesday of each month from 8:00 to 9:00 a.m. We gather at Brophy Chapel to give it a good cleaning as our service to our Brophy community. The remaining cleaning dates are February 7, March 7, April 4, and May 2. We look forward to seeing you!
Brophy Moms’ Golf
Tuesday, February 7
Save the date for Brophy Moms’ Golf. More details will follow. If you have questions, please contact Iris Cardenas (firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, February 9
The hiking club will meet at South Mountain’s Mormon Trail at 9:15 a.m.
followed by lunch at The Farm. If you wish to be on our email list (this is best for directions, additional information, or last-minute changes) please send your request to Katherine Thorsberg (email@example.com
) and include your phone number. If you have questions, contact Jennifer Donley: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, February 9
What a great discussion we had this past Thursday! Our next book, for our meeting on February 9, is "Ghettoside, A True Story of Murder in America" by Jill Leovy. We will have a lot to discuss! We meet at 7:30 p.m. in the lobby of the Biltmore. If you have any questions, contact Rosanne Schneider (email@example.com
) or Julie Peterson (firstname.lastname@example.org
Mothers' Guild Meeting and Luncheon
Thursday, February 16
The next Mothers’ Guild Luncheon and Meeting will be Thursday, February 16 in the Harper Great Hall at 11:30 a.m. We hope to see you there. If you have questions, please contact Deidra Gilligan: email@example.com .
Growing In Ignatian Spirituality
Monday, February 27
Please join us as we continue the series on Ignatian Spirituality. This is a reflective, contemplative time led by Adria Renke, President of Brophy College Prep, and inspired by the messages of St Ignatius. The sessions last approximately forty minutes and occur once a month at 6:30 p.m. in Brophy Chapel.
Please come early as Adria starts promptly. It is not necessary to have attended previously to enjoy the benefits and is open to all regardless of faith. Feel free to bring your friends.
Brophy Spring Auction – A Night in Nantucket
Saturday, March 18
If you are dreaming of....
- Hamilton tickets
- A house in Cape Cod
- A Rolex watch
...and Santa didn't deliver, save the date for the Brophy Spring Auction "A Night in Nantucket" on March 18, 2017 for a chance at these wonderful items and much more! More details to come.
* Please bring a bottle of wine to the February Mother’s Guild meeting to donate to the Brophy Spring Auction wine pull. Drop it off at the A Night in Nantucket Auction table.
Mother-Son Beach Bash
Sunday, April 2
Mark your calendars for the Mother-Son Beach Bash. This event is for moms and their juniors and seniors only! You don’t want to miss this special time with your junior and senior boys. Stay tuned for details to come… If you have questions, please contact Carrie Regan (firstname.lastname@example.org
) or Jean Cody (email@example.com
Project Graduation - Save the Date
Saturday, May 20
Mark your calendars for Project Graduation. This event requires a lot of volunteers. More details are coming soon. If you have questions, please contact Amanda Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Treat Days in the Student Activity Center at morning break (typically 9:50 a.m.)
Thursday, February 9
Thursday, April 6
Senior Moms’ Socials - 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, February 1 at the home of Joan Brock
Tuesday, March 28 at the home of Julie Vogel (Please note the change in date.)
**Bring a bottle of wine and an appetizer to share**
Senior Moms’ Spring Retreat - Manresa (Oak Creek Canyon)
Save the Date: Saturday-Sunday, March 4-5! Look for the registration and payment link soon!
Senior Moms - Graduation Information
Below you will find information on the dates that Elite Southwest will be on our campus to take your son's cap and gown measurements and receive your graduation announcement orders. If you would like to come on campus and place the orders, you may; however, you may also send your very mature senior to the table himself to place your order(s). Please note: there is no charge for caps and gowns (as they are included in tuition). Announcements and other items require a deposit OR you can pay in full at the time of ordering.
Elite Southwest will be on campus during break (9:50-10:10 a.m. in front of the SAC except where otherwise noted) for Graduation ordering with ring delivery on the following dates:
- Friday, January 20
- Thursday, March 30 (Location: Great Hall Arcade during lunch 12:05-12:50 p.m.)
- Friday, April 28 (Location: Great Hall Arcade at noon after the Awards Assembly)
- Thank you to Roseanne Schneider and Julie Petersen for hosting Book Club this past Thursday
- Huge thank you to Jennifer McAndrew and Jen Kirshner who diligently pursued the very reluctant Trolley company to partially reimburse them for the trolley breakdown. This amount was then donated to the St. Vincent’s De Paul family adopted for the event
- Thank you to Katherine Thorsberg and Jennifer Donley for organizing another great hike to Piestewa Peak
- Thank you to Dianne Rice, Cindy McDonald, Nubia Perez, and Barbara Duffy for all the care and attention to the Brophy Chapel during the Christmas season
- Thank you to the Brophy alumni who made the Mothers’ Guild and joint Mothers’ Guild/Dads’ Club meeting such a success. The information the boys provided was invaluable!
- Thank you to Cindy Frakes, Lisa Scanlon, Janelle Hughes, and Jean Mullen for the decor at our Mothers’ Guild Luncheon and Meeting as well as the joint Mothers’ Guild/Dads’ Club meeting in the evening
- Thank you to Jay Sims and the Dads’ Club for sharing their meeting with us last week