The Shadow Program allows prospective students the opportunity to spend a day on campus so that he can make a well-informed decision about Brophy. In the course of his day, the student accompanies his host through a normal schedule and becomes familiar with the campus, the academic programs and student body. Guests of the Shadow Program must be in eighth grade or above (transfer student applicants may shadow second semester.) Shadowing is not mandatory as part of the application process; but it is a great opportunity to learn more about the Brophy community.
Scheduling a Shadow Day
Shadow days will be scheduled online using the request form starting August 30. Visits will take place on selected Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and selected Fridays. We permit a limited number of shadows each day and some days are closed due to school conflicts. A few Shadow Days may include Mass, so appropriate Mass dress will be required. Requests will be filled in the order in which they are received and you should receive a response to your request within two school days. If you do not know a Brophy boy in the freshman class to request as a host, we will assign one from our Diplomatic Corps based on interests (e.g. sports, music, activities) or middle school.
Shadow Days - Sign up here starting August 30.
Shadow Days for the Class of 2018:
- September: 9/16, 9/17, 9/19, 9/23, 9/24, 9/26, and 9/30.
- October: 10/1, 10/3, 10/7, 10/8, 10/14, 10/15, 10/17, 10/21, 10/22, 10/24, 10/28, and 10/29.
- November: 11/4, 11/5, 11/7, 11/12, 11/14, 11/18, 11/19, 11/21, and 11/25.
- December: 12/2, 12/3, and 12/5.
- January 1/13, 1/21, and 1/30.
On Shadow Day
- Student guests should report to the Office of Admissions in Eller Fine Arts Center between 7:45 and 8:00 a.m. (school begins at 8:05 a.m.)
- Student guests must comply with the Brophy dress code – a shirt with stand-up collar, slacks or shorts worn with a belt. No denim jeans or gym shorts. Hats are never worn inside the buildings.
- Food service is provided at Harper Great Hall where students may purchase pizza, sandwiches, snacks and drinks ($4-$5 for lunch and break) or guests may bring their own lunch.
- Student guests are advised to bring a book to read should a teacher give a test during class.
- Student guests are to be picked up at 2:00 p.m. in the Office of Admissions.
- Please let us know ASAP if you need to cancel. We keep a waiting list for Shadow Day spots.
Transfer students may shadow during second semester. The same rules and procedures apply to them.
Directions to the Office of Admissions
The office is located in the Eller Center’s McCain Colonnade. See campus map
Park in the south lot and enter through the McCain Colonnade arch located on the west end of the Eller Center. The Office of Admissions is the last door on the left before you enter the mall.