Textbooks and Resources
Updated June 28, 2012.
Below is a link the list of books and resources that students will need for Brophy classes during the 2012-2013 school year. As Brophy uses more and more digital resources, and as paper textbooks become easier and cheaper to purchase online, Brophy will avail textbook lists to parents and students early enough for them to decide if they wish to come purchase books at Brophy (if necessary or available) or purchase them through online vendors. (very few books will be stocked at Brophy) We will list the ISBN # of each book, as well as whether we have the book in limited stock or not. If Brophy is not carrying the book, students are expected to acquire the book online or at a book store.
Ultimately students are responsible for having required texts in class when teachers expect them.
A few notes concerning this system:
- Only Brophy classes are represented here. Students taking classes at Xavier should find out what books are required there once classes begin from their specific teachers.
- The listed hyperlinks to online vendors are a convenience for parents and students to access if they decide to purchase the book(s) online, although they need not use that particular link if they want to purchase it elsewhere. Ultimately it doesn’t matter where parents or students acquire the book, as long as the ISBN # of the purchased book matches the ISBN # of the book listed for the class.
- Novels aren’t represented here, and will be announced in individual classes, per usual.
- Students and parents should take into consideration the potential for schedule changes before acquiring any books. Graduation requirements will obviously remain in the schedule, but should students decide to change elective courses after they have purchased books, they may need to find another student to purchase the book from them.
- Please email questions to Mr. Seamus Walsh at email@example.com