Subscribe to Brophy’s Online Calendar using Microsoft Outlook
You can subscribe to an online calendar posted on Google Calendar. An Internet Calendar Subscription keeps your Outlook copy of your Google Calendar updated. Outlook periodically checks the Google Calendar for updates, and if any are found, they are downloaded to the calendar copy in Outlook.
Select the entire Internet Web address that appears below, and then press CTRL+C (Cmd-C on Macs) to copy the selected text to the clipboard.
NOTE: Do not click if it appears as a link. If you click the link, the calendar will open in Outlook as a Calendar Snapshot which is not updated.
In Outlook 2010:
- Click on the File menu in the upper left, then on the Account Settings button, and then theAccount Settings link.
- In the window that opens click the Internet Calendars tab.
- Click the New button and paste in the calendar address that you copied previously and press the ADD button.
- A new window will open and you can type the name of this calendar as you want it to appear in Outlook. The default values will work fine.
- Then press the OK button, and close the Account Settings window. The new calendar will now appear in your calendars list in Outlook.
In Outlook 2007:
- Under the Tools menu, click Account Settings.
- On the Internet Calendars tab, click New.
- Paste the Internet Web address you copied in step 5, by pressing CTRL+V.
- Click Add.
- In the Folder Name box, type the name of the calendar as you want it to appear in Outlook, and then click OK. The new calendar will now appear in your calendars list in Outlook.