Jesuit Education in the 21st Century:
Brophy College Preparatory aims to use leading-edge technologies to enhance the high quality learning experience throughout our school community and ensure that our students graduate with the skills necessary to thrive in a world increasingly dependent on technology.
To achieve this goal, Brophy has assembled an extensive network infrastructure, a wealth of digital resources for faculty and students, and a successful one-to-one computing program using Tablet PCs and iPads.
Some highlights of Brophy’s technology resources:
- Fiber-backed network infrastructure
- Currently over 1000 Tablet PCs and 400 iPads serving our 1:1 program
- Wireless network across campus
- Blackboard Learn – online course management system
- Running Windows Vista and Windows 7, plus Office 2007 and 2010
- OneNote 2007 & 2010 the primary student notetaking tool on Tablet PCs
- Wireless digital projection in every classroom
- DirectTV video feeds into classrooms
- Every faculty member using a Tablet PC and an iPad
- Using Google Apps for Education service for student email and online documents